Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Make It Crafty Blog Hop


Hey all, welcome back to another Make It Crafty blog Hop.  This time we're featuring Valentine, Birthday and Thank You cards.  I rarely make Valentine's cards so I made a cute birthday set, but before I show you the photos, let's get to the hop details.

If you’ve arrive from Diana's blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way around. If you get lost, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here on Julie's blog.  Now on to the photos!

I made this super cute birthday set using the Confetti Wishes paper pack and the uber adorable Hoppy Birthday set (plus some retired buttons and twine from my stash and some homemade candy dots).  The images are coloured with Copics.
This set is one of several that were originally designed for our Australian and New Zealand friends but are available to everyone because they're just so fun.  I started with a birthday card:
and then made a matching tag and wrapping paper.  If you're never made your own wrapping paper before it's super easy and a great way to customize a gift.  Grab some kraft wrapping paper at the dollar store and start stamping!  Here's a close up of the paper before I wrapped the gift:
and the wrapped present:
You can find lots of tutorials on random stamping online, but in a nutshell you start with your largest image and stamp in a triangular pattern.  Switch colours and images and keep going.  Fill in with smaller images.  It works best with at least 3 images.  Play around, experiment and have fun!
Lastly, I have my tag, but it turned out a bit bigger than my present so I might just save it to add to a card front or for another present later.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my work, hope you enjoyed it.  Next up is Lisa's blog!

6 comments:

Diana Saunders said...

Love your birthday set ~ card, giftwrap & all!
WOWzers!
Such a super cute stamp set... something I need to add to my stash!

britcanadagal said...

Super cute Emma TFS!

britcanadagal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Dodds said...

I love this set, great work Emma!

Lisa Page said...

Awesome job! Super cute ... love the idea of stamping the paper.

Julie Carriere Orleans ON Canada said...

Super cute set, love how it all coordinates together.